28 April 2007

Trees Pay it Forward


Trees Pay it Forward
Originally uploaded by larrapin67.

I love the cherry blooms against blue sky, these from a mature Kwanzan cherry the previous owners of the property planted some time ago. It graces a bank above a patio and is a stunning sight to look up at the sky through a galaxy of cherry blooms. (OK, so this was a pre-freeze pic too.)

I love planting trees because beside the beauty and joy they provide me, they keep on giving long after I've moved on. At my first house (on Olney Rd) in Asheville, NC the first tree I planted there was a Kwanzan cherry outside the kitchen window. I've been gone from there close to seven years, but someone on Olney Road is looking up at blue sky through cherry blossoms courtesy of this previous owner, just like I am in this picture. Nice way to pay it forward...

1 comment:

vanishingword said...

You would enjoy my link to Princess Haiku's blog.