25 November 2007

Returning to Larrapin



It's been a long time since I added a post. My Grandmother, who raised me, passed away after an illness back in mid-September. It's been a whirlwind since then. The garden has languished as I've been focused on other things.

But I'm back on track with Larrapin Garden. My Grandmother, if she were still on the phone asking about my garden and giving growing tips, would have it no other way.

The photo above is of a bird's nest revealed when the leaves of the river birch dropped during our late, late autumn. The nest is extra special to me because I planted the river birches on the front bank outside our house the first Autumn we arrived here two years ago. To find the first bird's nest in a tree you planted with your own hands -- what a gift!

More soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Leigh. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I'm glad you're posting on your blog again. I've missed your updates.
Stay strong,